Alphabet riddles are one of the most engaging ESL activity for your students.
These are funny but helpful alphabet riddles for your students, (sort of, for some of them), quirky, silly, stupid and helpful to young learners in remembering the alphabet.
- Q: What letter of the alphabet is an insect?
A: B. (bee)
2. Q: What letter is a part of the head?
A: I. (eye)
3. Q: What letter is a drink?
A: T. (tea)
4. Q: What letter is a body of water?
A: C. (sea)
5. Q: What letter is a pronoun like “you”?
A: The letter ” I ”
6. Q: What letter is a vegetable?
A: P. (pea)
7. Q: What letter is an exclamation?
A: O. (oh!)
8. Q: What letter is a European bird?
A: J. (Jay)
9. Q: What letter is looking for causes ?
A: Y. (why)
10. Q: What four letters frighten a thief?
A: O.I.C.U. (Oh I see you!)
11. Q: What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment but not once in a thousand years?
A: The letter “m”.
12. Q: Why is the letter “T” like an island?
A: Because it is in the middle of water.
13. Q: In what way can the letter “A” help a deaf lady?
A: It can make “her” “hear.
14. Q: Which is the loudest vowel?
A: The letter “I”. It is always in the midst of noise
15. Q: What way are the letter “A” and “noon” alike?
A: Both of them are in the middle of the “day”.
16. Q: Why is “U” the happiest letter?
A: Because it is in the middle of “fun”.
17 Q: What word of only three syllables contains 26 letters?
A: Alphabet = (26 letters)
18. Q: What relatives are dependent on “you”?
A: Aunt, uncle, cousin. They all need “U”.
20. Q: What is the end of everything?
A: The letter “g”.
How do you find this ESL activity?
If you find this alphabet riddles helpful to you as a teacher and a good way to make your students stay engaged, feel free to get this ESL activity in word file below!
Alphabet Riddles: Alphabet Riddles
Good to Read: 4 Tips to Help Your Students Learn English Faster